The roadmap towards version 5 of the speedata Publisher
Categories: Development, speedata Publisher
I am currently approaching the “zero bugs” watermark (except for two almost persistent bugs that I tend to ignore) so it is time to think about releasing a new stable version and,shortly after, version 5:
- The next stable version 4.16 will be the second last before jumping to version 5.
- The development version after 4.16 (named 4.17…) will have the default XPath parser and the default font loader switched to the new implementations (lxpath and HarfBuzz respectively).
- After some testing I will release 4.18
- … more testing from users that only use the stable versions.
- And then, the plan is in early 2024 I will release the shiny version 5 (three and a half years after releasing version 4).
Let’s cross the fingers and see how this works out.